Muzzy 4 blades 100gr.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Excalibur Marketing Dude, Bill T

curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:D Worked for me last November. quaternary, took an 8 pointer, just it was merely 15 yards. Shot them @ xxx and 40 yds. flies very much like my field points within 1/2 inch. :)

taureau noir
Posts: 246
Joined: Midweek Dec 27, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: Granby,Qc
Contact:

Post by taureau noir »

Curmudgeon,thanks for the info
Will try it this coming spring,easy to go upwards here.
Taureau noir

Duey
Posts: 103
Joined: Midweek Jan 22, 2003 4:48 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Post by Duey »

That'due south the merely broadhead that nosotros employ and we got 4 deer this twelvemonth fifteen to 30 yards. They fly like my field tips .
Duey

User avatar

Beaver
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: NE Tennessee(Hancock co)

Post past Beaver »

I personally think the Muzzy 100 grain 4 blade is the best of the all-time. I accept hunted with archery equipment since my showtime chase in 1954. I take used countless styles and brands of broadheads on longbow, recurve, compound, and crossbow. I came beyond Muzzy in 1988, I think it was, when I was still shooting a recurve. When the 90 grain four blade became available, I tried information technology and thought I had found the perfect broadhead. When the 100 grain 4 blade became bachelor, I FOUND the perfect broadhead. I tin can literally put them through the aforementioned hole equally a field point at 30 yards. I don't dare shoot 2 at the same aim bespeak.

I never was as good as I used to be.

navaman
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu January 12, 2006 9:xix pm
Location: west texas

Post by navaman »

how practice they compare to slick tricks in performance and price ?

"Exist on the alarm,stand up firm in the faith,human action like men, be strong."

sumner4991
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Oct nineteen, 2006 12:16 pm

Postal service by sumner4991 »

And then far, I take learned that most any broadhead flies "similar a field tip" for someone.

If you actually want to find out if a specific broadhead truly "flies like a field tip", then take a cold windy day . . .shoot a field tip, then put on a broadhead and shoot from 50 yards. If y'all hit the same hole as the field tip, so permit me know your set-up.

If yous are shooting less than xxx yards, pretty much all the broadheads, "wing like field tips" . . .well, depending on your definition.

I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax westward/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
xx" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Bays Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen

taureau noir
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 four:08 pm
Location: Granby,Qc
Contact:

Post by taureau noir »

Never tried it cause was brainwashed on thunderhead 125 gr, for decade with my bow .Assuming your right, I,for sure volition try them in spring.Till then, but dream.
Taureau noir

navaman
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 nine:19 pm
Location: westward texas

Post past navaman »

just found out. the cost is right ! now we wait for the hunter'due south study

"Be on the warning,stand up house in the organized religion,act similar men, be strong."

Moxie
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: Framingham, MA, US of A
Contact:

Postal service by Moxie »

I cannot speak for the 100 grain iv-bract but the 130 grain 4-blade flies very well on a carbon shaft and hit nice with my Barnett Quad 300. I'm going to also use them on aluminum shafts in a lighter weight.

Rich
Posts: 1512
Joined: Tue Mar xiv, 2006 viii:33 am
Location: Woodford, VA

Post by Rich »

The Muzzy 4 blades flew very well out of my Exocet and Phoenix. The did not have the same POI as my field tips (nearly 2.five " to the left). They maintained 1" groups out to 50 yards. Didn't seem to get the aforementioned amount of blood every bit I was accepted to with a Thunderhead 125 though, all deer were recovered though.

Rich

speedball
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:00 am
Location: mantua, ohio

Post by speedball »

never had any luck with the muzzys, i tried both the 90 and 100 grain 4-blade and flight was erratic at best, i am considered by my hunting friends every bit fanatical on my broadhead set-ups with tuning and re-tuning with the spin-tester (wheels), and weighing each commodities for near exact consistancy, i plant my 4-blade head and its slick tricks, with fantastic flight and devastating wounds and the introduction of north.a.p. quality blades from Germany from Solengen blade works, this caput will be my 100-125 option, i accept taken 6 deer with them and the bolts broke way before the broadhead, just my stance here guys,speed :) :idea:

gone huntin never to render................

User avatar

Beaver
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: NE Tennessee(Hancock co)

Mail past Beaver »

Sumner

I tin't, on a regular basis, put arrows through the same hole at 50 yards with any combination. I can scrape shafts, shoot off fletching, and fifty-fifty got a robin hood on 1 occassion. I have the factory sights on my bow. I might someday try some experimental shooting with a scope, simply not hunt with one.

I take a 2005 Vixen, excel string, limbsavers on the limbs, limbsavers at the limb bolts, limb savers on the frame near the riser. My arrow is a 20 inch, 2219 shaft, inserts in each cease, 5 inch shield cutting feathers with a slight right offset, 100 grain points or Muzzy broadheads. I tin accept three arrows with field points and 3 arrows with the 100 grain Muzzy and do blades, shoot off my picnic table, and place all half-dozen arrows in a 5 inch targ-dott at 50 yards.

My boy has an exomag. He removed the dissapator bars and installed limb savers equally on my Vixen. He has a 3x9 variable scope that was on his .243 coyote rifle. With the aforementioned 6 arrows(non the verbal same arrows simply the verbal same specks, I brand them for him) shooting from a burglarize rest he tin't shoot at the same spot at fifty yards. They won't go through the same hole but they wil all stay "well" inside a iii inch targ-dott at 50 yards.

I never was every bit adept as I used to be.

sumner4991
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:sixteen pm

Post by sumner4991 »

Beaver . . .that's some bully shooting! I've been on a broadhead tirate, so please alibi my attitude a piddling. I just recently institute out why the Wasps I got in the Right Stuff Bundle were flying all over the place. The tips were cut off center and were defective out of the parcel. They wouldn't group at all. I have decidated this summer to finding a broadhead/shaft/fletching combo that will fly "just like a field tip". Anyway, what I've learned thus far . . .

one. Brand sure your bolts are straight
ii. Carefully audit your broadheads for defects
3. Use a spinner . . .look for whatsoever wobbles
iv. Bank check the bolt for balance and weight consistancy

I'm shooting a Exomax and slight defects volition evidence upwards in a big way at fifty yards. Withal, I made ane.5 inch groups at 40 yards in the windy weather yesterday. Got 1/2 inch groups at thirty yards. This is a great improvement for me. I was shooting the NAP mechanicals. I'm still non sold on mechanicals being better than fixed blades . . .the "straight" Wasps shot just virtually likewise.

Shooting at speeds in excess of 300 FPS simply requires the shooter to closely inspect the broadhead, shaft, fletching . . .pay attending to the little stuff. Which looks like, by your shooting, you lot do a good with.

I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax due west/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & two"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen

sumner4991
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu October nineteen, 2006 12:xvi pm

Mail by sumner4991 »

bstout . . .good points. The issue I accept right now is that manufacturers are not making their products to accommodate a bow shooting at 350+ FPS. No bolt is specifically listed for that speed. None of the manufacturers I've contacted will admit to having that product. Exercise yous know of 1? Some practise not listing the draw weight, nearly limit the describe weight to 200#. And every bit you probably know, I'm pulling 225#.

I'm part of a small-scale target audience . . .

I'd rather article of clothing out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
twenty" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen